EAST TO WEST TOUR – February 3 TO 17, 2018
This 15 day tour has been designed to offer you a chance to visit many of the most important areas of Cuba. The tour will begin in Holguin, for its convenience and will end in Varadero where you will fly home from. Americans can now come to Cuba with few restrictions so many of the hotels are overbooking to accommodate them. Having said that, it is important for me to book early. I can only take a maximum of twenty two people on my tours…by choice, so I suggest, if you are interested, please contact me ASAP and I will add your name to my list and let you know when the tour is confirmed and how to proceed with flights, etc.
I look forward to having you along to experience this incredible country.
TO CONFIRM THIS TOUR I WILL NEED A MINIMUM 14 PEOPLE
Compare the quality and the price to other companies offering similar tours…Cuba1tours is best in both.
Please note meals included:
- B – breakfast
- L – lunch
- D – dinner
- AI – All Inclusive
Day 1-Arrive at Holguin airport in the north east end of the island and transfer to the beach resort, Playa Costa Verde, on Playa Pesquero. This is an all-inclusive 4* hotel and it has all the amenities, including free nightly entertainment. Eat, drink and relax. (AI)
Day 2-The day is free to do as you wish and all meals are at the hotel. You can plan an excursion outside the hotel or indulge in any number of the hosted activities at the hotel. (AI)
Day 3-Breakfast and transfer to Cuba’s oldest settlement, Baracoa and one of the most beautiful areas in Cuba with a vibrant night life. The drive will take you through some interesting small towns, lovely landscape and coastal views. We will stay at either hotel El Castillo, on hill overlooking the town or at Porto Santo, overlooking the ocean. Dinner at the hotel. Lunch not included. (B/D)
Day 4-Breakfast and go for a guided tour of the town with a visit to see the cross planted on the shore by Christopher Columbus in 1492. You will also visit the local museum and learn about the colourful history of Baracoa before driving to Playa Maguana, the most beautiful beach in this area. You will have time to relax and swim in the ocean and we will have lunch prepared for us at a small resort. Dinner tonight will be at Finca Duaba, a small farm in the countryside and a meal prepared in typical Baracoa style. This is always a fun time. (B/L/D)
Day 5-Breakfast and transfer to the second largest city in Cuba and the cradle of all historical revolutions, Santiago de Cuba. The drive is great as we begin our ascent of the Farola viaduct to an elevation of 800 metres. The many curves and switchbacks, with lush vegetation and spectacular views makes for a memorable drive. We go from the Atlantic to the Caribbean and drive along the coast past the driest area in Cuba. We will stay at hotel Melia Santiago and have dinner at the hotel. Santiago is rich in culture, history with lots of entertainment available…..perhaps a baseball game. (B/D)
Day 6-Breakfast and a guided city tour to learn about the history and get an overview of this fascinating place. Included in the tour is a visit to the revolution square, the cemetery where Fidel Castro and Jose Marti rest, and Morro castle which is a seventeenth century fort built by the Spanish to protect the harbour and city. The tour ends in the centre of the city at Cespedes park and you are free to wander on your own. Lunch is not included, but a recommended spot to eat is at the Grand hotel patio overlooking the park. Dinner at the hotel. (B/D)
Day 7-Breakfast and transfer to the City of Bayamo, the cleanest city in Cuba and we will spend the night at the hotel Royalton or Sierra Maestra. Great opportunity to indulge in Cuban culture and you will find the people here most friendly. Dinner will be at the hotel. (B/D)
Day 8 – Breakfast and transfer to city Camaguey, third largest city in Cuba and one of the most interesting with its narrow winding streets, old cathedrals and famous artists. I will encourage everyone to tour the city by bicycle taxis which can be arranged by Eric, our guide…this is the best and most comprehensive way to experience this city and fun. Accommodation and dinner at the Gran hotel, or other in the city centre. Lunch NOT included. (BD)
Day 9-Breakfast and transfer to Sancti Spiritus, capital of the province by the same name. We will try to stay at hotel Rijo in the centre of the city or at Villa Hatuey on the edge of the city. Our guide will lead you on a tour of the city which has a historic significance and unique features. Lunch not included and dinner will be at the hotel (B/D)
DAY 10 – Breakfast and transfer to the Heritage city of Trinidad de Cuba with a tour of the city. Lunch will be at a central restaurant to follow. You will then continue to the city of Cienfuegos, the pearl of the Caribbean. Accommodation and dinner at hotel Jagua. (B/L/D)
Day 11-Breakfast and transfer to the historic city of Havana, capital of Cuba and home to one fifth of the population of over eleven million people. Lunch not included, but we will look for an interesting location to eat en route. Accommodation will be at one of the four star hotels in the area of Miramar. Dinner at the hotel. (B/D)
Day 12 – Breakfast at the hotel and a panoramic tour of the city by bus to visit all the important parts of the city. You will take a break for lunch…not included this day. After lunch you will walk to all the major squares in Old Havana to experience the history and amazing architecture. Dinner at El Aljibe, a famous chicken restaurant. (B/D)
Day 13 – Breakfast and transfer to Varadero to a 4* all inclusive resort for your final two nights. (A/I)
DAY 14 – Free day in all inclusive (A/I)
Day 15 – Transfer to the airport.
PRICE:$2,895.00 – Based on double occupancy
Add $400 – for single supplement
Compare the quality and the price to other companies offering similar tours…Cuba1tours is best in both. Due to the US influence in Cuba, prices have increased substantially. Therefore, in order for me to compete, I have had to raise my prices and they still remain in Canadian dollars.
INCLUDED IN PRICE:
- All accommodations
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Lunches where indicated
- 4 nights at all inclusive resorts
- Cuban guide and driver throughout
- Bus assisted throughout
- Guided city tours where indicated
- Local guides where indicated
- Canadian tour leader
- Air fare from Canada (suggested Westjet into Holguin and out of Varadero)
- Beverages (except at all inclusive resorts)
- Tips for bell boys, chambermaids, bar tenders (a collection is made at the beginning of the tour for tips of guides and driver and you will be informed of the amount with other detailed information mailed to you once you sign up)
- Trip insurance (cancellation and medical if required).
- VALID PASSPORT REQUIRED
- Deposit: A $500 deposit is required at time of booking and can be done by cheque (check) or credit card.
- Final payment to be made 60 days prior to tour date.
- Cheques should be made payable to Square 1 Travel and mailed to the following address:
SQUARE 1 TRAVEL 449–B Fifth Street
Courtenay BC V9N 1J7
250–334–0355 or toll free 1–877–334–0355.
- If you are using credit cards for payment of Cuba land portion there will be a 2% service charge added
WHEN BOOKING PLEASE STATE SPECIFICALLY WHICH TOUR, BY NAME AND THE DATE. This is East to West tour February 3 to 17, 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT WITH CUBA1TOURS IN ASSOCIATION WITH SQUARE1TRAVEL, COURTENAY, BC:
- A $500 CAD deposit is required at time of booking and unless the tour is cancelled, it is NON- refundable, but can be held by Square1travel and put towards a future tour within a year.
- Full payment due sixty (60) days prior to date of the tour. Once final payment is made it is 100% non refundable unless the tour is cancelled by the operator in which case it is then 100% refundable.
- Money for all Cuba tours is transferred to Cuba and their policy is “non refundable”.
- No travel documents are issued by Cuban tour operators prior to arrival in Cuba.
- All vouchers are presented direct to the hotels and other services by the Cuban tour guide. When payments are sent to Square1travel, you will be informed by the office when they arrive. Tom Robertson Cuba1tours
- VALID PASSPORT REQUIRED
- WHEN BOOKING PLEASE STATE SPECIFICALLY WHICH TOUR, BY NAME AND THE DATE.
This is EAST TO WEST tour FEBRUARY 3 TO 17, 2018
- TO BOOK…email Tom at email@example.com or contact Louise at Square1Travel – 250 334 0355 or toll free – 877 334 0355 (mention this is East to West tour, with Tom Robertson)
Please enter the following in the message section of the contact form: East to West Discover Tour